Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Run is Done

I came home tonight after work and cleared out the jungle in the back yard so I could set up the Eglu and run. I borrowed a weed whacker from a co-worker, but it didn't help all that much. I did most of the cleaning up by hand.

The weed whacker did better in the side yard, where it was mostly grass. I had kind of forgotten how fucked up the side yard is. It's full of big pieces of broken concrete paving and other sorts of trash stacked up all willy-nilly. I'll go in this weekend and see if I can clean it up a bit. The neighbors of the apartment building next door sometimes throw things over the fence. The other day I found a ball, a spaceship toy, an empty gallon milk container and a plastic tablecloth. Today I found a can of redi-whip with no nozzle. Thanks, neighbors! Next time the ball is mine. Also, get off my lawn!

So as I was assembling the Eglu run, the Wyandotte jumped up on me again and rode around on my shoulder as I was working. She dug around in my hair a lot... and pooped on me. I've had pets for long enough that I take it in stride, but still, kinda gross. After I finished setting everything up, they perched on top of the run until I put them inside. I went in the house to eat dinner and by the time I came back out to check on them, they had figured out that the Eglu was the place to go at night, even though they hadn't ever been inside of it before.

Sleep tight, little chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment