Monday, January 31, 2011

The Chickens are Back

What? Where did they go? WTF?

It's been a crazy few months. In a nutshell... I thought I was moving out of the house, so I took my chickens to my friend Robin's place up near Castaic. Then, it turns out I decided to stay, so after a somewhat exhausting search for new roommates, I was able to go retrieve my ladies. I happened to go get them during some of the worst rain I have ever seen in Southern California. That is how much I love my chickens!



I made them a new place in the side yard. Unfortunately, the greenery only lasted a couple weeks. They seem to like it OK, although they are still somewhat suspicious of me.



I don't think they liked it very much out in the country. They had to live with a bunch of other hens who constantly picked on them. It took a couple weeks, but I got them looking fat and happy again. When they first got back I only got one really tiny egg. About a week later I started getting eggs, but I'm pretty sure that only Blackie was laying. This weekend I finally saw evidence that Molly is laying and now I am getting two eggs again some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment